Vancouver Lake Sailing Club
Vancouver Lake is a great place
to learn to sail!
About our "Learn to Sail" Summer Classes...
- No commercial boat traffic or river current
- Only motorcraft on the lake are our safety boats
- Clubhouse with kitchen, restrooms and showers
- Gated property, private waterfront and park-like setting with a great family atmosphere
Beginners of all ages learn to...
- Two age categories:
Junior (8 to 12 years)
Youth (13 to 18 years)
(We have adult classes, too!)
- Students must be competent swimmers
- US Sailing certified instructors & small class size
- US Coast Guard approved life jackets are supplied
- Cost is $220 per class
All subsequent classes build on this foundation.
- Rig and launch a boat
- Sail boat upwind, downwind, and perform basic maneuvers
- Dock and retrieve a boat
- Understand the points of sail and beginning sailing theory